ICPA Qld lobbies to ensure that information and communications technology (ICT) is utilised to the best possible advantage for geographically isolated students.
Louise Martin - Portfolio Leader
The latest ICPA Qld Communications Report can be found here Read More
Do you wonder how ICPA Qld assists you with your communications issues?
- ICPA advises DET, Telstra and nbn on issues which impact on the delivery of quality internet and voice services to our small schools and distance education classrooms
- ICPA participates in monthly teleconferences with the DET IT department on current issues
- ICPA meets regularly with other key DET branches in regards to Infrastructure, Schools, Curriculum, Human Resources and Operations
- ICPA provides members with up to date technical information to assist with connectivity
- ICPA works with Telstra to provide members with the latest news
- ICPA makes submissions to relevant groups to ensure rural and remote education remains a key consideration in legislative or program change
- ICPA remains a key stakeholder in various communications groups— including Australian Communications Consumer Action Network (ACCAN) and the Telstra Regional Advisory Council (TRAC)
- ICPA liaises with, and supports, ICPA Australia with federal communications issues
The Return to School User Handbook (for DE families) is a very handy publication.
For information and helpful hints on email and password security click here
Information technology factsheets which will help you understand the nbn and how it will affect you
For an overview of the USO and nbn click here
An update from Telstra is available here